Monday, July 28, 2014

Shoddy Work Example #2

This post is Shut the Front Door post #2, the second of three posts regarding the door problems thanks to Adam Bowling of Bowling Built Construction. He is a licensed Georgia General Contractor under the name of Adam Christopher Bowling, License #RBQA004113.

So here we are... shoddy work example #2!

One of my goals with our basement finish was to not have cookie-cutter finishes. Included in the quote from Adam were standard, hollow 6-panel raised doors with the faux wood grain.  These are the doors that were ubiquitous in homes built in the 90s, and I hate them!

I did not want those doors, so paid what my husband and I consider to be a substantial amount of money upgrading to a smooth (hollow) 3 panel shaker door. You can see the door below.  Isn't it great?  You may be wondering, "so what's the problem?" Well, the problem is that he ordered the wrong size for the door under the stairs. When he realized this, he took that door away and told us he had ordered another one. Yet, he placed a 6-panel raised door at the stairs, never reimbursed us or proved that he ordered the correct door, even though he "said" he did. He has, of course, walked off the job and now I have a door I loathe that doesn't match the rest of the basement.

Here's the correct door:














And here's the mismatched door:
 

1 comment:

  1. Is it possible to talk to you regarding Bowling. I am taking him to court.

    ReplyDelete